Enemy Pie Connections

Enemy Pie by Derek Munson is a wonderful children’s book about a boy who has made an enemy and he wished to get rid of him. His dad made an enemy pie for his enemy and when he did, he told him that to make his enemy eat this pie, you’ll have to play with him a day. However, when the two boys played with each other they became close friends. When he invited his enemy for dinner, his dad came out with the pie. The story ends with the two boys and the dad eating the pie because, the pie was a normal pie and the dad’s plan was to make the two of them friends. I can make various connections this story. The first one will be to myself. I have had a lot of people that I have not liked at first but then we became friends and thats okay. Another connection I can make is to media. A lot of people have enemies online, especially on social media. The last connection I can make is to world. Right now prime minister Narendra Modi and Rahul “pappu” Gandhi are going head to head in an election war in India.